Mackenzie's Birthday Countdown

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Santa Claus is coming to town

Daisypath Christmas tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Let the Countdown Begin...

Today was the official start of going to the doctor EVERY week. I thought this time would never come and always seemed so far away. I was wrong-- IT'S HERE! Not the most comfortable appointment I've ever had, but I guess it's all for a good cause. While we don't think she will be making her grand entrance next week; we know she is starting to think about it. I wasn't sure that I even wanted Dr. Collins to start checking this week because it seemed like a long shot, that just shy of 36 weeks, there would be anything. I have been having contractions (Braxton-Hicks) so I thought maybe there might be something. Well, I am 50% effaced and 2 cm dilated. I know this could mean that we still have a few more weeks or she could come at any time. One thing that we found out is that doctors do not like to make ANY predictions regarding going into labor. I think they are probably wrong way more often than they are right. Must have learned over time to just stop doing it! Dr. Collins did say that she thinks there is a good chance that we could go into labor in 2-3 weeks. Possibly the week of March 12th, which is the week of my spring break and would be VERY convenient! What are the odds that she is works on my schedule?!?! Sure would be nice though! We have another appointment next Thursday, so we'll have to wait and see if there is any more progress. In the meantime, there is so much that I want to get done around the house before we have baby girl here. It's probably not all going to get done, but it's nice to make lists and cross things off.

No comments:

Post a Comment